2nd Annual Scottish Transport Infrastructure Conference: What's coming next?
Tue 20th Feb 2018
SUPPORTERS All Supporters
OVERVIEW View Conference Agenda
The 2nd Annual Scottish Transport Infrastructure Conference will discuss the strategic transport infrastructure agenda, transport policy priorities, new projects ahead and sources of transport infrastructure funding.
With the completion of the Queensferry Crossing, Scotland's transport infrastructure has seen a major investment completed. The next phase of transport infrastructure investment - across all modes - presents major opportunities to make progress in delivering a seamless, clean, future proofed transport system.
The Fraser of Allander Institute's 'Scotland Budget Report 2017' indicates that the Scottish Government position for capital expenditure is one of relatively strong real terms growth for 2018/19 and 2019/20. Despite likely reductions in resource spending, they assess that capital budgets - the source of project funding - are "on track to return to their pre-financial crisis levels in real terms." So what in transport infrastructure will be the policy priorities and which projects are most likely to be funded?
This conference will cover the following themes: 'The Strategic Transport Picture', 'Transport Infrastructure Development Policy Priorities', 'Which Local, Scottish and Global Connectivity Projects Funding Will Support' and 'Beyond Traditional Funding and Investment'.
Topics to be covered at this conference will include:
- The Scottish National Transport Strategy Review
- Delivering a seamless transport system
- Capitalising on Mobility as a Service
- Investing to transform Active Travel
- Low emissions, electric highways and digital transformation
- What's next for rail projects?
- Delivering clean connectivity on our roads
- Air infrastructure development: Scotland and the world
- Local transport projects: the route ahead
- City Deals and transport project development
- The advent of green bonds in transport project funding
- Bringing private sector funding to the project table
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Humza Yousaf MSP
Minister for Transport and Islands, Scottish Government
Chief Executive, Edinburgh Airport
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
"Well focused and relevant papers" "Good - wider-ranging than many similar events" "...a strong sense of purpose - there is a need to reconvene to keep up the momentum, which was a key outcome"