2nd Annual Scottish Passenger and Public Transport Conference: Disruptive technology and demanding times
Wed 27th Mar 2019
Edinburgh, Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West
SUPPORTERS All Supporters
OVERVIEW View Conference Agenda
This conference will bring together representatives from Scotland’s passenger and public transport interests with innovators in disruptive technology to discuss the challenges and opportunities ahead as services and passenger expectations are transformed by digital opportunity.
The day will focus on three sessions:
- Passenger and Public Transport in the Disruptive Technology Age
- Passenger Transport for Communities and the Economy
- Digital Disruption - Breaking down producer models, building up new modes, managers and movers
Scotland’s economies and communities are served by the full range of passenger transport modes. Within and between communities, rail, bus, ferry, air, tram and urban rail services provide the lifeblood of daily commuter travel and enable urban, rural and remote Scotland to sustain jobs, businesses, public services and strong communities. Strengthening, protecting and growing these services is both an economic and a transport opportunity.
In the age of disruptive technology, how can we ensure that the interests of citizens and the economy are placed at the heart of innovation and new developments? How should traditional models and service providers engage with the challenges and opportunities of radical change? Are passengers and consumers the real agents of change and, if so, what is their behaviour and associated data telling us about the future?
The conference will provide a platform to discuss a range of themes including:
- Data and Re-Shaping Everything: Public transport becomes personal
- Keynote-led Discussion Session on Passenger Transport Evolution: Regulating, new legal dimensions, matching market opportunity with citizen needs, smart ticketing, the pricing and payments revolution
- Making Infrastructure Investment Coherent in the Disruptive Technology Age
- Transport and Growth: How and why 'it's the economy stupid'
- Emissions: Transforming Cities and Places
- Assets, Capital Programmes and Operations: The impact of intelligent systems on managing services, planning, prioritising and investment
- New Active Transport Citizens: Informed, innovative, in charge
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Director for Bus, Accessibility and Active Travel, Transport Scotland
Senior Lecturer - Dispute Resolution, Consumer Dispute Resolution Centre - Queen Margaret University
George Lowder MBE
Chief Executive, Transport for Edinburgh
Head of New Mobility Services, Transport Systems Catapult
Business Development Manager, ITSO
LATEST NEWS All Conference News
19th Mar 2018
14th Dec 2018
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Very good to see several high profile and interesting female speakers.