Scotland's Mid-Market Businesses Annual Conference: Delivering practical support for growth
Wed 29th Aug 2018
Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh Business School
SUPPORTERS All Supporters
OVERVIEW View Conference Agenda
Low delegate rates are available for SMEs who should contact us directly at email@example.com or by phoning 0131 556 1500
This conference focuses on the importance of Scotland's mid-market businesses to our future economic competitiveness. It discusses how practical support can be delivered and the obstacles which need to be overcome to support growth.
The German mid-market sector – its 'Mittelstand' – is core to its economic growth and a key factor in contributing to the stability and strength of the German economy. In this conference we examine what we can learn from the success of the German model to power up Scotland's own 'McMittelstand'.
We will discuss a wide range of themes including finance, supporting growth, developing new markets, learning from competitors, harnessing innovation and protecting intellectual property. We will also assess how business should meet the challenge and uncertainty of Brexit.
Now in its 4th year, this conference brings together a range of businesses from across Scotland's mid-market, as well as business advisory orgranisations and public and third sector delegates involved in economic development, business support, education and skills.
The conference will explore:
- The importance and evolution of the European middle market - who are these companies and how have they grown?
- Dealing with the 'missing middle' - why does Scotland have so few middle market companies and what can be done about this?
- Unpacking growth myths. What is it and how do we measure it?
- Learning from success - lessons from case studies of Scotland's successful middle market companies - challenges, opportunities and prospects
- Building an entrepreneurial ecosystem for success - what's missing or underdeveloped and what can we do about it?
- Responding to the challenge - the role of policy makers, development agencies, risk capital providers, universities and business advisors
- The challenges and opportunities for the emerging middle market in a post-Brexit world
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Founder/Director, Wow (Scotland) Ltd
Dr Ben Spigel
Chancellor's Fellow & Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, University of Edinburgh
Prof Francis Greene
Chair in Entrepreneurship, University of Edinburgh Business School
Chief Executive, Entrepreneurial Scotland
Head of Inclusive Models, Scottish Enterprise
CEO, Purpose HR
Iain Young, Partner and Head of Corporate Sector, Morton Fraser
Head of SME Scotland & Northern Ireland, Barclays
Director, Scottish Investment Bank
Dr Claire Seaman
Chair in Enterprise and Family Business, Queen Margaret University
Founder and CEO, LendingCrowd
Professor Simon Harris
Chair in International Strategy, University of Edinburgh Business School
Professor S Des Smith OBE, FRS, FRSE, FinstP
Chairman, Edinburgh Biosciences
Dr Peter Mowforth
Chief Executive, INDEZ
Chief Executive, Scotland Food & Drink
Regional Manager - Scotland, Information Commissioner's Office
Managing Partner, Whitespace
LATEST NEWS All Conference News
10th Oct 2017
29th Jan 2018
18th Apr 2018
18th Apr 2018
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Interesting and informative.