5th Annual Scottish Transport Conference: Powering up Transport, Growing the Economy, Strengthening Communities
Thu 27th Sep 2018
SUPPORTERS All Supporters
OVERVIEW View Conference Agenda
Now in its 5th year, the Annual Scottish Transport Conference takes place in September 2018, one year after the opening of the Queensferry Bridge, amid critical timing for Brexit negotiations and with a draft Transport Bill for Scotland ahead.
Against that backdrop of change, this year's conference takes as its starting point the central role of Scottish transport in underpinning all other activities across economic growth, community development and delivery of public services and asks: how can we best develop transport to better develop Scotland?
The potential of Scottish transport to help nurture growth in the wider economy and to underpin strong communities and vibrant public services is critical. So what thinking do we need to adopt on transport to maximise the value it brings to our economy, our places, our people and our potential?
This conference provides a platform for all stakeholders in Scottish transport and related industries and will discuss the strategic role of transport in Scotland from the following perspectives:
The Role of Transport in Everything
Core Development Issues for Transport
Understanding the Challenges and Opportunities Ahead
Some of the subjects to be covered include:
- Scottish Transport and Scotland's Broader Policy Ambitions
- Skills and Innovation: Supplying and supporting transport development
- Smart Transport Economy: Using data, digital and technology to build a strong transport sector with export growth opportunities
- Shaping Scotland's Transport Policy Priorities
- Brexit, Growth and Playing to Our Strengths
- Understanding the New Transport Age of the Customer as the Driver
- Spending: Getting investment into infrastructure
- Placemaking, Products, Passengers and People, Priming the Economy
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Michael Matheson MSP
Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity, Scottish Government
Director, Eracura Consulting
Chief Executive Officer, ITSO
Business Development Director, David MacBrayne
Managing Director, Macquarie Capital
Policy and Public Affairs Officer, Smart Energy GB
Head of Cities - Midlands, South West UK, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Uber
Chief Engagement Officer, TS Catapult
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Very good to see several high profile and interesting female speakers.