2nd Annual Scottish Transport Conference 2015: A faster, smarter, safer, stronger future
Tue 28th Apr 2015
Edinburgh, Surgeons' Hall
SUPPORTERS All Supporters
OVERVIEW View Conference Agenda
It is an exciting time for Scottish transport with many significant developments under way or imminent.
With a new franchise operator selected for Scottish rail, a tender under way for ferry services, Edinburgh trams up and running, a range of road development projects, the Borders rail line due for completion in Summer 2015 and Aberdeen and Glasgow Airports up for sale there is a lot of transport activity to look forward to.
This conference aims to provide a platform for all stakeholders in Scottish transport and related industries to discuss four broad themes in relation to all transport modes:
- Transport and smart city regions - Innovation, low carbon and connected Scotland
- Transport and passenger/freight growth - Safe, reliable, competitive services and systems
- Transport and a strong economy - Jobs, skills and economic development
- Transport and investment - Projects, growth and infrastructure
Some of the subjects being covered include:
- Transport as the catalyst for growth in Scotland
- Developing safe, reliable and resilient transport systems
- Investing in people- jobs, skills and training supporting growth
- Innovating to create smart transport City Regions
- Urban transport infrastructure
- Promoting connectivity to support business growth
- Can we have transport integrated for competitiveness, social inclusion and low carbon?
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Derek Mackay MSP
Minister for Transport and Islands, Scottish Government
Joan Aitken Traffic Commissioner for Scotland, Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain
Jeff Hoogesteger Chief Executive Officer, Abellio Group
Martin Dorchester CEO, David MacBrayne Group
John Curtis Managing Director, That Friday Feeling
Matthew Eastwood Car Club Development Manager (Scotland), Car Plus
John Forteith Manager, Forteith Foodservice
Katie McLellan Principal Consultant, Grant Thornton
Gordon Robertson Director of Communications, Edinburgh Airport
Andy Sparkes Commercial Director, Virgin Trains East Coast
Margaret Simpson Country Manager Scotland, Freight Transport Association
Dr Paul Zanelli Chief Technical Officer, Transport Systems Catapult
Sue Zielinski Managing Director - SMART, University of Michigan
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Thu 12th Sep 2019
Wed 25th Sep 2019
"Well focused and relevant papers" "Good - wider-ranging than many similar events" "...a strong sense of purpose - there is a need to reconvene to keep up the momentum, which was a key outcome"