Rethinking Smart Cities and City Regions After Coronavirus
Director Public Sector Partnerships, Scotland, Robertson
In his role as Director for Strategic Public Partnerships, Jonathan focuses on the creation, development and maintenance of productive partnerships with the public sector. He manages the contact point for Robertson Group with key public partners and helps develop strategies that deliver their objectives. Over the last 11 years he has assisted numerous public bodies to develop and deliver major projects across the UK.
Jonathan has over 20 years’ experience in the Technology, Design, Property and Construction sector, as well as in Finance and Investment in Strategic Development working with both the private and public sectors.
Jonathan has overseen the development of projects, particularly for two funding mechanisms: REIF (Renewable Energy Investment Fund) and UK GIB (Green Investment Bank). This has involved the development and coordination of the Scottish Green Investment Portfolio (SGIP) assisting the accessibility for finance for Low Carbon and Green Sector projects, development and planning of new funds and delivery structures for Energy, Waste and Community Renewable projects.
A large part of Jonathan’s Scottish Government role was in liaising between the public and private sectors for project inception and development. He advised on the development of teams to progress projects and investment structures and sourcing Public and Private finance and delivery interest for major projects.
Jonathan also carried out a similar role for the City of Edinburgh Council, for strategic property and investment development. He created Project Edinburgh and the String of Pearls projects for the City of Edinburgh whilst on secondment from Standard Life from 2004 to 2008.
Having created a number of development frameworks, projects and investment opportunities with the Project Edinburgh Design Team, Jonathan and the team then secured major investment interest in the city from global investors and developers. These include the St James Quarter (Henderson Global), SOCO.
Chief Commercial Officer, VU.CITY
Founder and CEO of ‘Cities Reloaded’ a new smart cities consultancy platform to enable the best of urban regeneration to be designed and delivered in the ‘new normal’ utilising best in class partners, collaboration and emerging technologies.
Formerly a Senior Director of Operations and Business Development at Aecom/URS with a strong portfolio and delivery record of environmental and engineering multi-disciplinary projects in London and UK cities. Advising many blue chip private sector clients and public sector entities in tall buildings, urban regeneration, transport, power and energy infrastructure, defence sector, at both strategic national policy level and site specific level.
- Expert in Environmental Impact Assessment, Sustainability, Socio-Economics, Urban Planning, Masterplanning, Transport Planning, Feasibility Studies, Design, Construction, Smart Cities, Technology and Innovation
- 30 years experience in the UK and overseas, predominantly in the London market working on most major landmark buildings, regeneration and infrastructure projects
- Pre-eminent in the field of environmental consultancy, developing brownfield sites, and achieving successful planning permission through an innovative and proactive EIA process, and the design of sustainable buildings
- Strong commercial and project management skills to win and deliver complex projects utilising multi-disciplinary teams
- Participates in many industry boards and contributes to business strategy and thought leadership
- International Cities experience, throughout the EMIA region and ability to leverage cross-border trade and client connections
- Advocate for strong leadership, and uncompromising enthusiasm for best in class, innovation, quality, team collaboration and industry differentiation
- Insatiable appetite for deal making, a network monkey, some irresistible dreaming, blue sky thinking, and definitely some fun too
Graduated from Oxford Brookes University and Southbank University; HND Civil Engineering, BSc Building and Construction Management, MSc Project Management and Property Development.
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Some interesting points noted. Liked the afternoon presentation snapshots.