Transport, Coronavirus and Economic Recovery: Infection, Innovation, Infrastructure
Fri 9th Oct 2020
OVERVIEW View Webinar Agenda
Transport is critical to wider economic recovery, sustains community well-being and is a core economic activity in its own right. Making sure that our transport systems, companies and services remain viable and can support the development of a Coronavirus-compliant ‘new normal’ is essential. Facing huge reductions in passengers, dramatic loss of revenues and fragile passenger confidence, how does passenger transport survive coronavirus? Where is action needed to ensure that transport is in a fit state to support wider economic recovery?
This webinar will discuss how adaptation, new initiatives and increased focus on infrastructure and regeneration can provide support to, and be supported by, transport. It will focus on how transport is responding to the impact upon services, finances and long-term planning posed by Coronavirus and the associated infection control challenge. It will consider what the long-term reality - protracted ‘new normal’ and then post-coronavirus – will be for transport.
- Where does transport now stand following Coronavirus?
- What actions are required from the transport industry, government and consumers to stabilise transport?
- How do we need to think and work differently in transport delivery following coronavirus?
- How can innovation and infrastructure development support transport capacity, ensure that services and providers survive and deliver future viability and growth?
- What has been the impact upon passenger transport of coronavirus and lockdown?
- How does mass mobility cope economically with social distancing, changed passenger psychology and the nature and length of 'new normal'?
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Head of Strategy and Innovation, Franklin Energy
Executive Director (Transport), WSP; Senior VP, ICE; and Commissioner, Infrastructure Commission for Scotland
CEO, McGill's; Chair, CPT Scotland; Chair, Traveline Scotland; and Chair, Scottish Smart & Integrated Ticketing Steering Group
Partner, Brodies LLP
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
I always come away from this conference with new ideas and enjoy the opportunity to network.