The UK Internal Market Act 2020: Understanding what it means for business, politics, law and the constitution
10:05 Understanding the UK Internal Market Act 2020
Jess Sargeant, Senior Researcher, Institute for Government
- What does the Act cover and why was it needed?
- The future for regulation and standards across the UK
- Issues when the Act was a Bill: resolved and unresolved
10:20 Consequences and implications of the Act: Business, politics, law and the constitution
Professor Michael Dougan, Professor of European Law and Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law, University of Liverpool
- The Act and the relationship between Westminster and devolved governments
- Constitutional and political flashpoints
- Economics, business and law: Where will it help, where will it hinder?
10:35 The Act in practice: Dealing with the detail
Lynda Towers, Director of Public Law, Morton Fraser
- What difference does the Act make?
- Thinking about challenges for the private and public sectors
- A legal perspective on intended and unintended consequences of the Act
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Have attended this event before but not for 5 years so good to be back.