How to get your message across to government and MSPs and comply with lobbying rules
10:05 What makes MSPs listen?
Jackie Baillie, Member of the Scottish Parliament
- Understanding how MSPs spend their time and what matters to them
- What is the best way to be noticed, heard and understood by MSPs
- Being clear on your purpose, your message and your objective
10:20 Communicating effectively with government
Martin Dorchester, Chief Executive, Includem
- Understanding how government works
- Civil servants advise, Ministers decide: Who do you need to reach?
- How to communicate with Government
10:35 Campaigning, influencing and complying with lobbying rules
Lynda Gauld, Director, Baccus Consulting
- What are you allowed to do?
- Instruments of Influence: Briefings, meetings, parliamentary process and media
- Compliance and good practice in observing lobbying rules
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Good quality of speakers who their delegates.