Data protection practice during and after pandemic: Crisis management and compliance
10:05 Privacy practice during pandemic and after – what the ICO expects and what it has seen
Jenny Brotchie, Regional Manager, Scotland, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Understanding the ICO’s view on data privacy during pandemic
- Managing the tensions between crisis management and compliance obligations
- Lessons learned – the positive and the negative
10:20 Remaining data compliant despite COVID
David Goodbrand, Partner, Burness Paull
- Home working, data control and risk assessment
- Recognising the need for pragmatism in privacy processes
- Preparing to ‘build back better’ in privacy and data compliance
10:35 Reviewing pandemic data practices and adjusting processes for ‘new normal’
Tim Musson BA, Managing Director, Computer Law Training Ltd
- Conducting a deep dive review to understand where practice currently stands
- What has become imperfect, what is necessary and what is proportionate?
- What should you do next?
10:50-11:00 Discussion and Q&A
Lynn Bradley, Board Member, Revenue Scotland; and Lecturer in Public Sector Finance, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
I had attended the previous seminar which was why I attended this one too. The seminar was a reminder or refresher of what I already know. However I will take away some good points from today. It was good to learn more about the balance of views and rights and it was very interesting to get an insight into Tam's (Baillie) experiences as Children's Commissioner.