City Centres, Town Centres and High Streets after Covid: Rediscovering localism, redefining purpose
10:05 Understanding what high streets and town centres have been and what they might become
Dr Chloe Steadman, Lecturer in Marketing, Manchester Metropolitan University; and Research Associate, Institute of Place Management and High Streets Task Force
- Moving from retail and meeting space to multifunctional place
- Considering the vitality of centres – from retail to footfall
- Post-COVID: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
10:20 Planning our city and town centres and high streets
Stefano Smith FRTPI, Director, Stefano Smith Planning and High Streets Task Force Expert
- Recognising the value and purpose of the centre in planning
- High Streets and Stakeholders
- Smart, retail, residential and more – What is the future balance of town centres and high streets?
- Recognising the mosaic of policy, people and place that make a town centre
- Prevention, intervention, low carbon, inclusion – and post-COVID
- How do we move forward?
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Thank you, a very interesting and illuminating event!