Public Sector Good Governance
MacRoberts LLP is one of Scotland's leading commercial law firms, with full-service offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We have 48 partners supported by over 100 additional lawyers, providing a full range of commercial legal services to public and private companies, entrepreneurs, public sector and governmental bodies, in all sectors of the UK economy. We have 22 lawyers who are accredited as specialists by The Law Society of Scotland, and 21 practice groups.
Wheatley is Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group. It comprises six Registered Social Landlords, a care organisation and two commercial subsidiaries.
The Group spans 17 local authority areas across Central Scotland, providing homes and award-winning services to over 200,000 people.
The Wheatley family:
- GHA, Scotland’s largest social landlord, with almost 40,000 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Dunedin Canmore, with almost 6,000 homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife, and a commercial arm, Dunedin Canmore Enterprise, providing property management, repairs and maintenance services;
- Cube Housing Association, with more than 3400 social homes across the West of Scotland;
- Loretto Housing, with more than 1200 affordable homes in the central belt;
- West Lothian Housing Partnership, with almost 400 affordable homes;
- Barony Housing Association which has 380 homes and provides care and support services to over 700 people from Edinburgh and the Lothians to Stirling and Falkirk;
- Loretto Care, which provides care and support services to more than 2000 people;
- YourPlace Property Management, Scotland’s “Feel Good Factor”, with more than 27,700 customers;
- and Lowther Homes, which manages a growing portfolio of over 700 mid and full-market apartments from Glasgow’s West End to Leith.
The Division of Business, Enterprise and Management has a long-established track record in the area of public services management and governance. We are currently the only UK university to offer a postgraduate certificate in public services governance. This programme offers a flexible structure and context-driven, problem-focused content designed to meet the needs of public service professionals. We also offer bespoke postgraduate programmes, CPD training courses, research and consultancy. For more information contact Dr Ian Elliott, Programme Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://qr.net/publicservices
The Centre for Scottish Public Policy (CSPP) is an independent public policy think tank. Our unique voice stems from our cross-party, and no party approach, as well as our membership base which includes individuals, trusts, public, private and voluntary organisations.
Our aim is to lead debate, research, and identify solutions on the economic and social challenges facing Scotland. We focus on the importance of place (Scotland’s cities, towns and rural communities) and people (public service innovation and community empowerment), as well as facilitating debate on Scotland’s future direction. Working with stakeholders across the policy landscape we seek to effect change that improves life outcomes for all those who live in Scotland, and may also provide exemplars of good practice globally.
Alarm is a membership organisation run by Members, for Members. Its purpose is to support professionals who manage risk and insurance serving public services and community organisations.
· Provides training opportunities to all professionals managing risk and insurance.
· Sets the standard for competencies within risk management and insurance.
· Sets the standard for excellence in risk management performance.
· Provides the best support network for risk and insurance professionals.
· Provides access to top quality guidance on risk and insurance issues.
· Represents Members’ interests in industry consultations.
· Keeps Members informed on current topical issues and developments.
For more information visit alarm-uk.org
e: email@example.com | t: 0333 123 0007
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Thu 27th Aug 2020
Tue 1st Sep 2020
Very relevant to current role; all speakers were very good.