Care of Older People in Scotland 2019
Wheatley is Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group. It comprises six Registered Social Landlords, a care organisation and two commercial subsidiaries.
The Group spans 17 local authority areas across Central Scotland, providing homes and award-winning services to over 200,000 people.
The Wheatley family:
- GHA, Scotland’s largest social landlord, with almost 40,000 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Dunedin Canmore, with almost 6,000 homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife, and a commercial arm, Dunedin Canmore Enterprise, providing property management, repairs and maintenance services;
- Cube Housing Association, with more than 3400 social homes across the West of Scotland;
- Loretto Housing, with more than 1200 affordable homes in the central belt;
- West Lothian Housing Partnership, with almost 400 affordable homes;
- Barony Housing Association which has 380 homes and provides care and support services to over 700 people from Edinburgh and the Lothians to Stirling and Falkirk;
- Loretto Care, which provides care and support services to more than 2000 people;
- YourPlace Property Management, Scotland’s “Feel Good Factor”, with more than 27,700 customers;
- and Lowther Homes, which manages a growing portfolio of over 700 mid and full-market apartments from Glasgow’s West End to Leith.
The Care Inspectorate is a scrutiny body which supports improvement. That means we look at the quality of care in Scotland to ensure it meets high standards. Where we find that improvement is needed, we support services to make positive changes.
Our vision is that everyone experiences safe, high-quality care that meets their needs, rights and choices.
Our 600 staff work across Scotland, specialising in health and social care, early learning and childcare, social work, children’s services, and community justice.
Paths for All is a Scottish charity. We champion everyday walking as the way to a happier, healthier Scotland. We want to get Scotland walking, everyone, everyday, everywhere.
We support a network of over 500 weekly health walks across Scotland. A Health Walk is a short, local, sociable walk led by trained volunteers. The walks last anything from 10 minutes to 1 hour, are all risk assessed and the pace is managed to suit everyone. Our walks are suitable for older adults, people with long term conditions and many of our walks have achieved Dementia Friendly accreditation. Many of our health walk projects also offer and promote Strength and Balance exercises as part of the walks and our volunteer Walk Leaders are trained to support this. The exercises are either done during the walks or offered as a short session before or after the walks.
We were founded as a Scottish charity in 1996. We are a partnership of 30 national organisations who share our vision for a happier, healthier Scotland.
Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social workers, social work students and social service workers which includes people who work in early years and residential child care, adult day care and residential care, care at home and housing support services. We set standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and support their professional development.
By doing this we increase the protection of people who use services. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct we can investigate and take action.
Come and visit us and find out about what we do and learn more about our free learning resources or if you’re looking to make a difference in a new career our resources can help you start and develop your career in social services.
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Good quality of speakers who their delegates.