A Tourism Tax for Scotland
A Scottish law firm with national and international capability, Brodies has a reputation for uncompromising quality, expertise and innovation.
The size of our Public Sector Services Group (PSSG) and breadth of its experience is unique in Scotland. We assist our clients in addressing legislative, economic and political developments; driving improvement in services; securing value for money and delivering change.
Headed by Jackie McGuire, the PSSG continues to go from strength to strength. More than 70 solicitors from across the firm are now actively engaged in the delivery of services to the Scottish public sector.
Public sector budget cuts will pose a challenge for the development of new transport and community infrastructure and affordable housing. Brodies has been advising local government and public sector bodies on kick-starting strategic roads infrastructure. We have also been advising on a range of asset management initiatives, designed to maximise the value of public sector assets.
The next few years will call upon the public sector to overcome many challenges. This will include ongoing public service reforms, managing change in the economy and navigating a way forward through the UK’s withdrawal from the EU. Throughout this, we must maintain and improve the provision of our much-needed services.
To provide a high standard services, the City of Edinburgh Council have made 52 Commitments to the city as part of their coalition agreement. These commitments are built into the Council Business Plan and are structured around six themes:
- Delivering an economy for all - Commitments 1 to 9 for local jobs, growth and affordable housing
- Building for a future Edinburgh - Commitments 10 to 15 for a planning system that works to protect and develop our city
- Delivering a sustainable future - Commitments 16 to 27 for a better environment and transport systems that works for all
- Delivering for our children and families - Commitments 28 to 36 for improving lives and futures
- Delivering a healthier city for all ages - Commitments 37 to 46 for strong and vibrant communities
- Delivering a Council that works for all - Commitments 47 to 52 for more empowered, transparent and improved public services
Read the Council Business Plan here.
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Thu 28th Nov 2019
Thu 12th Dec 2019
Wed 15th Jan 2020
I was drawn to this briefing by the quality of speaker line up. All speakers were excellent and there was good coverage on all topics.