Scotland's Public Services: What's Coming Next?
Tue 15th Nov 2016
Edinburgh, Morton Fraser Lawyers
SUPPORTERS All Supporters
OVERVIEW View Conference Agenda
This conference, delivered in association with Morton Fraser LLP, discusses what is coming next for Scottish public services and considers the opportunities and challenges presented by the emergence of expected and unexpected drivers of change.
Addressing three broad themes - what we can predict for the next five years, preparing for the unexpected, and harnessing opportunity - the conference will map out core areas of focus for the public sector. Amid a range of turbulent drivers of change - both planned and unplanned - a platform of senior speakers will assess how public services can position themselves to cope with the challenges ahead.
The conference aims to give a strategic overview and understanding of the major themes which leaders of public sector bodies will have to face - and the opportunities they may be able to capitalise on - in the next five years in Scotland.
Themes to be covered include:
- The Scope and Implications of the Scottish Parliament's New Powers
- Understanding the SNP Manifesto as the Scottish Government's 5 Year Plan
- Brexit and the Scottish Public Sector
- Prospects for the Public Finances
- The UK Government: What's the Theresa May Agenda?
- Digital and Data Transformation: Separating Hyperbole from Opportunity
- Public Sector: Reform, Regionalism and Reorganisation
- Promoting and Enabling Innovation in the Public Sector/Citizens Designing Services
KEYNOTE SPEAKER View All Speakers
Sir Paul Grice
Clerk and Chief Executive, The Scottish Parliament
Former MSP and now Lecturer at Heriot-Watt University
Partner, Morton Fraser
Director of Public Law, Morton Fraser
Chief Political Columnist, Sunday Mail and The Courier
Assistant Director, Audit Scotland
Director, Message Matters
Chief Executive, City of Edinburgh Council
Head of Urbanism, Architecture & Design Scotland
Don Peebles Head of CIPFA Scotland, CIPFA
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Great to see gender balance on the panels and speaker list.