ONLINE CONFERENCE Implementing Scotland's New Planning Act: Where are we now and what happens next?
09:25 Chair’s Opening Remarks
Session One: The Strategic Picture and Implementation – Where are we now?
09:30 Keynote Address
- Making the Act work
- NPF4 – what’s ahead?
- ‘New normal’ and getting the new system up to deliver
09:50 Questions & Answers
10:00 Delivering a Coherent Strategic Approach
Stefano Smith, Director, Stefano Smith Planning
- Delivering on Plan Led Strategies
- What should effective planning, decision-making and delivery look like?
- Planning and coronavirus recovery
10:20 Questions and Answers
10:30 Comfort Break
Session Two: Shaping Coherent Planning Services – Addressing internal and external drivers
10:45 Inside Planning: Fleshing the Act into the service
- Balancing an effective system of fees and performance
- Chief Planning Officer
- Professional development and resourcing
11:05 Questions and Answers
11:15 Delivering on Housing: An acid test for the new Act
Dr John Boyle, Director of Research & Strategy, Rettie & Co
- What does housing need?
- The new Act and its relationship to housing delivery
- Where next?
11:35 Questions and Answers
11:45 Comfort Break
Session Three: National to Local – Joining it all up
12:00 Achieving Coherence: National strategic, localised and local development planning
Diarmaid Lawlor, Associate Director - Place, Scottish Futures Trust
- Joining up national and local – what is possible?
- Whose plan is it anyway?
- The purpose of place
12:20 Questions and Answers
12:30 Community Involvement and Local Place Plans: What will it really mean?
Petra Biberbach, Chief Executive, PAS
- What is meaningful community involvement?
- Local Place Plans – modelling best practice
- Delivering sustainable outcomes
12:50 Questions and Answers
13:00-13:05 Chair’s Closing Remarks
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
Wide range of speakers at a key time of legislative change.