ONLINE CONFERENCE Making Scotland's public services fit for post-pandemic purpose: getting from safety nets to prevention and wellbeing
Session 1: What is the purpose of public services in the 2020s?
09:30 Keynote Speaker
09:50 Questions and discussion
- The new terrain for public services
- Beyond Christie – How and why we need to go further
- Setting radical new ambitions
10:15 Would we start here? Rethinking public services
- The public services we have inherited
- Public services as though they were shaped for new and future demand
- What should public bodies be doing first?
10:30 Questions and discussion
10:40 Comfort Break
Session 2: Drivers of the future - Funding, demand and leadership
10:55 The role of leadership beyond pandemic
- What has pandemic taught us about public sector leadership?
- Leadership from the top or at every level?
- Using leadership to be agile in reshaping services
11:10 Building on our strengths after pandemic
- Trends and evidence – Where are we strong, where are we weak?
- What have we learned from the last 18 months?
- What are the best pathways to improvement?
11:25 Delivering services that work for people
- Prevention, the gold standard
- Why holistic joined-up services really matter
- Investing in success: protecting and pooling budgets and decision making
11:40 Questions and discussion
11:55 Comfort Break
Session 3: Shaping a fit for purpose public sector - Structures, services and consumers
- The recent journey of public services
- Thinking about what should come next
- What should and does success look like?
12:25 What are citizens and consumers saying they want and value?
- When public services go wrong – what can we learn?
- What keeps consumers of public services content?
- Hearing from the unhappy and turning complaint into improvement
12:40 External pressures and the demands reshaping public bodies and services
- The external pressures driving public services
- Impact upon budgets and service quality
- How bodies are reacting to unplanned demand and unexpected hazard
12:55 Questions and discussion
Keep Up To Date
Not ready to book but want to stay up to date with announcements about this conference
Are you interested in conferences like these? Sign Up to get emails when we add a new conference.
I was drawn to this briefing because I have been before. As always a useful and interesting event.