MacKay Hannah is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MacKay Hannah may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect
We may collect, store and use the following information:
- name, job title and company name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, geographic location and policy interests
- other information relevant to your booking for a specific event such as dietary or mobility requirements
- information about your visits to and use of this website including page views
information relating to any booking you place on our website but excluding credit/debit card details
Use of Personal Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- to keep internal records and administer our website and business
- to enable your use of our website and particularly to place bookings for conferences and seminars
- to send you goods purchased through our website and specifically speakers presentations (conference papers)
- to send you commercial communications in relation to your specific booking and also any other conferences or seminars that may be of interest to you
- to send you our email newsletter if you have specifically requested it or unless you tell us otherwise
- to improve our service offering to you, particularly in relation to your specific requirements for a conference
- to periodically send promotional emails about new conferences and seminars together with information about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive these)
- to provide conference speakers and sponsors with information about individuals who have booked for a conference (though this information is restricted to name, job title and organisation) so that they can tailor their contributions to make them more relevant to that audience
- to deal with complaints made by you about our website or our conferences/seminars
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customise our website according to your interests.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
You can update your details and policy interests or unsubscribe at any time via our website or by contacting our office on 0131 556 1500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controlling Your Personal Information and Your Rights
We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff.
We may disclose a very limited amount of personal information to any of our suppliers where that is deemed necessary for them to provide a service that you require, eg we will advise caterers of a delegate with a serious nut allergy.
We may disclose personal information to a purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except for as provided in this policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen or unless you tell us otherwise.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable together with appropriate evidence of your identity. We will usually accept photographic ID certified by a notary plus an original of a utility bill with your current address on it.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice you will either have agreed to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MacKay Hannah, Suite 44 Bonnington Bond, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh EH6 5NP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us in writing or by email as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Retaining Personal Information
We will hold your personal information:
- for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity
- for as long as we are required to for the purposes of providing our services to you
- for as long as we are required to do so by law
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal right
Security of Your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, our IT suppliers have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) server.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology; MacKay Hannah has no access to any payment card details submitted via the online bookings process. Similarly, for any payments taken over the phone, the appropriate payment card details are entered directly into Worldpay online and no card details are written down or kept in our offices.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet can be insecure and we cannot 100% guarantee security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping any passwords you use for accessing our website confidential and we will not ask you for that password at any time (apart from when you access your profile on our website).
Third Party Websites
Our website has links to third party organisation such as sponsors’ websites and we cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other organisations.